9.1 2023 October release (23.10)
- Replace “Overview”, which included general concepts, with “Context”, which defines the specific scope of the Gaia-X Architecture
- Update and generalization of the “Conceptual Model”
- Generic description of “Policy Management”
- Mapping of Gaia-X Architecture to the CASCO model
- Updates based on changes in the Data Exchange Services and Identity, Credential and Access Management Document
- Introduction of the “Party-Credential” as extension of Identity and Service Offering credentials with Membership and Service credentials
- Contains the technical implementation details for the Trust Framework (from the 22.10 Trust Framework document)
- Annex includes a section on “Gaia-X Digital Clearing House”
- Chapter “Gaia-X Trust Framework components” including “Gaia-X Compliance”, “Gaia-X Registry”, and “Gaia-X Notary - LRN”
- Inclusion of the “Publication/Subscription service” (ref. Federated Catalogues) and “Trust Indexes” sections in the new chapter “Enabling and Federation Services”
9.2 2022 October release (22.10)
- Update the chapter on Service Composition
- Add a section on Data Mesh
9.3 2022 September release (22.09)
- Move Self-Description technical specs to the next Identity, Credential and Access Management document
- Update Self-Description lifecycle status
- Introduction of Interconnection Point Identifiers
- Introduction of new language terms for Data Exchange
- Update of the Gaia-X schemas and diagrams aligned with the Gaia-X Framework
9.4 2022 April release (22.04)
- Link to Trust Framework document (where the Self-Description mandatory attributes now are)
- Aligning Gaia-X architecture with NIST Cloud Federation Reference Architecture (CFRA)
- Updated definition of Data Exchange Services
- Updated Service Composition and Resource model
- Updated Self-Description Lifecycle
- Consistency and alignment with other officially published Gaia-X documents, streamlining and de-duplication of text to ease reading
9.5 2021 December release (21.12)
Computable Contract definitions in the Conceptual Model
- Update on the Self-Description lifecycle management
- Update on the Federated Trust Model
9.6 2021 September release (21.09)
- Rewrite the Operating model chapter introducing Trust Anchors, Gaia-X Compliance, Gaia-X Labels and Gaia-X Registry.
- Update of Self-Description mandatory attributes in the Appendix.
- Update of
Resource template definitions.
- Gitlab automation improvement and speed-up
- Source available in the 21.09 branch.
9.7 2021 June release (21.06)
- Adding a new Operating model section introducing the first principle for Gaia-X governance.
- Adding preview of Self-Description mandatory attributes in the Appendix.
- Improvement of the Policy rules.
- Improvement of the
- Complete release automation from Gitlab.
- Source available under the 21.06 tag.
9.8 2021 March release (21.03)
- First release of the Architecture document by the Gaia-X Association AISBL
- Complete rework of the Gaia-X Conceptual Model with new entities’ definition.
- Adding a Glossary section.
- Source available under the 21.03-markdown tag.
9.9 2020 June release (20.06)
- First release of the Technical Architecture document by the BMWi